Learning how to clean microwave may sound very trivial for some people. Actually it is not always necessary to clean a microwave. Freshly bought microwave are clean and have been manufactured in such ways to maintain its cleanliness. But it is okay if you insist to clean it, especially since freshly bought kitchen appliances usually have strange smell. Here is what you need to do to clean your microwave.
Step by Step to Clean Microwave
- Cleaning the Inside
The most important thing is to clean the inside of the microwave. It is required to diminish any smell and to sterilize the microwave before we can use it to heat our food.
- Prepare 1 bowl of water put few slices of lemon in the bowl. This trick will also work with lemon juice or lemon scented liquid soap.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and turn it on for 4 to 5 minutes until the water is boiled. How long the water will be boiled depends on how powerful your microwave is
- Turn off the microwave and don’t open the door yet. Let the steam and the smell of the lemon fill the microwave. The lemon scent will eliminate any unnecessary smell that can contaminate your food.
- Take out the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave with a clean towel until dry.
- Cleaning the Outside
Cleaning the outside is just as important as cleaning the inside. Here are the things you have to do:
- Prepare water and vinegar solution. Or if you don’t like the smell, you can use water and alcohol solution or any surface cleaner.
- Spray the solution to a clean and dry towel.
- Wipe gently all the outside part of the microwave. This trick will give a beautiful, clean and shiny look to your microwave.
Any FDA certified product will go through a hygienic and clean manufacturing process. But taking one step further to clean your kitchen appliances is never wrong if it can give you a peace of mind. You never know what happen with the product before it arrives at your kitchen. Don’t forget to keep it clean by cleaning it every once in a while. You can use the same trick to clean your microwave after several uses and you can change the lemon with vinegar as well. You can rest assured about the hygiene of your microwave now that you know how to clean microwave.